#theduomo #cathedralatsunset #chasingsunsets
- You should travel. Travel is important. Here’s why.
- Insider advice from a 24 year old who won the Best Job in the World Campaign and spent 3 months travelling Europe.
- Travara – the worlds first purpose-driven travel and lifestyle media platform to align with Sustainable Development Goals launched today. Check them out.
- Did you hear that several major airlines are raising their checked baggage fees? Again?!
Southport, North Carolina
#happyplacebythesea #intracoastalwaterway #hurricaneflorence
Hurricane Florence has devastated the entire eastern part of North Carolina. While there is significant damage to the area, we think our beloved happy place has been mostly spared. Bridges and roads in to town are flooded out, so we won’t know for sure until we are able to visit. In the wake of Hurricane Florence here’s what you can do to help:
- The Carolina Panthers have teamed up with Visit North Carolina and Discover South Carolina to show their support with these #Careolinas shirts with all proceeds benefiting relief efforts
- The Shop Forward released Carolina Strong shirts with all proceeds benefiting relief efforts
- Help The Red Cross. Find a blood drive near you here. Make a donation to the Red Cross recovery efforts here. Sign up to be a Red Cross volunteer in NC or SC here.
- Support the Salvation Army’s Hurricane Florence relief efforts
- Donate to the North Carolina Disaster Relief Fund here or by texting FLORENCE to 20222.
- Register with the state of North Carolina to be a volunteer. They are urging people not to self deploy to the area, instead register and let them know how you can help so your skills can be best used. Check here for other volunteer opportunities in North Carolina.
- The Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina supports some of the hardest hit areas. Give to their efforts here.
- The Diaper Bank of North Carolina is in need of supplies. You can donate to them here or purchase items from their Amazon wish list.
- Check this article for a few other organizations you may consider helping, and some important reminders to think about before you donate to any unfamiliar groups.
- Remember while many people are in need of material items, water, medicine, and non perishable food, cash donations can help ensure that organizations are able to purchase those items which are in the highest demand. They can also be purchased locally which can help to stimulate the local economy. Only donate material items to those organizations which are specifically requesting you do so.
- To find the latest on power outages, road conditions, and storm cleanup in North Carolina.
- So many amazing travel gigs in the news. This week it is a dream job with a nice pay check travelling to Mexico’s most popular beach destinations.
- Talk about a travel disaster. Here’s what to do if you lose your phone on vacation.
- The arrival of the Pumpkin Spice Latte should signal fall is on the way (even if it is still 100 degrees), here are nine gorgeous fall getaways to consider.
- The first of its kind “Beer Hotel” that opened this week, takes the shower beer to the next level.
- Packing advice from astronauts… pack lightly!
- Don’t be the tourist with any of these top most annoying travel habits.
- Want to have a sleepover on the Great Wall of China with four of your besties?
- Travel more, work less. Be more productive. I like it.
- The youngest person to ever visit all 196 countries is now giving away all his travel miles!
#duomo #viewfromthetop #giottosbelltower
- Would you follow GPS coordinates to an undisclosed location for a mystery get away?
- The world’s first space hotel is set to open in 2022. Book your stay now!
- It’s not too late to book a last minute trip to London for the Royal Wedding this weekend, but you will need to be up extra early to catch a glimpse of the couple.
- Searching for the perfect caption for your ‘Gram worthy travel photos?
- Travel to Hawaii is still safe for visitors despite the Kilauea Volcano eruption.