#sacrecouer #montmarte #sunsetviews
- Want to work for the royals and get paid to travel? The Queen is hiring a Director of Royal Travel.
- Did you make it to any of the top 20 most visited cities in 2019?
- A recent flight spent 11 hours in the air, with the passengers ultimately going nowhere due to a volcano and horses.
- It’s not too late to take advantage of Southwest’s Cyber Monday deals!
- The effect social media is having on travel. People are only visiting “gram-worthy” spots.
One of our favorite things we did on our trip to Oahu was to climb to the top of Diamond Head. There are plenty of beautiful hikes on the island, many that are lesser known and probably less crowded, but we decided to take the path more traveled…
Although I have been to Oahu before this was my first time doing this hike. Parking was an issue the day we went. We waited for quite awhile in traffic to head up the hill to the small parking lot and found that it was full. We drove back down the hill and parked at a nearby school. I had the brilliant idea to take an Uber back up the steep hill, instead of starting our hike a very steep mile sooner than we planned. This worked out great, and on the way back we were able to walk back to the car down the hill with no issues.
The hike is not terribly difficult, but towards the end there were quite a few stairs, and we ended up in a narrow tunnel which I was not prepared for and totally did not like. We also took a turn that led us to a small pillbox that we had to crawl out of to see the view. After the hike we were told that we could have taken a turn to miss both the tunnel and the pillbox, so if like me, you’re not a fan of small spaces maybe do some research on that.
On the way down we saw Yasiel Puig full out running up the trail with his training team as we were coming down. If you’re all who is that? Same. But Sean was impressed.
Overall we really enjoyed the hike and the views from the top were definitely worth the stairs and the tight spaces. We finished off the hike with a Dole whip that was well earned.
#CaliforniaDreamin #WineCountry #NapaValley
- NASA is wishing everyone a very Happy Halloween with their latest image of the sun!
- A few tips from the New York Times on what to pack to make your travel photos standout on Instagram. (also making it clear that Instagram has taken over the world, since this is now newsworthy)
- Do you use a travel agent to book your travel? Having just used one for the first time I would agree with the pros and cons in this article.
- Discount travel sites often use the “only one room left” tactic, but is it true?
- Vacasa becomes the newest travel site to enter the home rental market, attempting to set itself apart from other options as a full service management company.
Siesta Key, Florida
#VisitFL #Sunsettin #GulfOfMexico
- Lonely Planet released their best of 2020 travel this week. It’s a lot to take in but so many good travel ideas.
- A JetBlue employee is facing 20 years in prison for scamming the company out of nearly $800,000.
- A Japanese airline is developing robots that could soon be doing your travel for you.
- #Fauxliage season is in full swing. Here are some of the best pumpkin patches around the world to capture Gram-worthy photos.
- Delta is now offering Sky Miles Select for $59 per year. Is it worth it?
Pacific Coast Highway
#Route1 #Sonoma #California
- Hopefully you don’t have any travel plans with British Airways this week.
- Are Instagram Influencers actually ruining the travel experience for others?
- Much of the Bahamas was ravaged by hurricane Dorian, here’s the parts of the island nation that are open for business and could use your tourist dollars.
- Here’s where everyone is traveling to from the US by state.
- The World Economic Forum just named the world’s best country for travel. Hint – The country won the award for the third year running.
Siesta Key, Florida
#SiestaKey #SummerDaze #SunnyFlorida
#Venice #BoatCruise #ItalyDreaming
- This week two South American countries have issued travel warnings against the US in the wake of the multiple mass shootings.
- To check or carry-on that is the question? I personally don’t mind checking my bag.
- U.S. News released their annual report of the best travel rewards programs.
- Here are nine cities where you can take in the views from public transit. Hint – Venice makes the list.
- There is a down side to the travel industry – the effect on the environment. Here are 50 travel companies that are doing their part to reduce their carbon footprint.
Switzerland why are you always so dreamy?
#Swiss #CH #RhineRiver
North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii
#NorthShore #Oahu #Hawaii #BanzaiPipeline
- 20 lesser known places to visit in Europe that won’t be flooded with tourist.
- Have you tried any of these free travel apps? What did you think?
- Here’s the real reason the flight attendant wants you to put your phone away!
- In case you didn’t already know… wild animals can be dangerous. Stay back!
- The opioid epidemic has now hit the skies.